WHAT WE BELIEVE
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20, The Great Commission)
WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. The Bible is true and accurate.
2. The Bible is God’s word and must be obeyed.
3. Jesus changes people’s lives.
4. Jesus is fully God and fully human.
5. Jesus is the only hope we have for salvation.
6. The Holy Spirit is active today.
7. The Holy Spirit makes it possible for Christians to be like Jesus.
8. God intimately knows each of us and loves us.
9. God is personal, sovereign, holy, perfect, infinite, and worthy of our worship and love.
10. God exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Trinity).
11. We live in a sinful world.
12. We are all broken and sinful people in need of forgiveness and healing.
13. Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus.
14. God calls Christians to be in intimate, healthy relationships (community).
15. Sincere faith will influence every area of life.
16. Love is the greatest indication of sincere faith.
17. Passionate worship is an appropriate response to God.
18. The goal of the Christian faith is to become more like Jesus.
19. Jesus will return in glory to judge the world.
1. Passionate Love for God. We believe in loving the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. (Mark 12:30)
2. Personal Spiritual Growth – Discipleship. We believe that the goal of personal spiritual growth is to know Jesus and to be like Him. Therefore, we will seek to continually grow in our personal relationship with God through spiritual disciplines and the pursuit of holiness.
3. Obedience to the Bible. We believe the Bible is God’s Holy Word. Jesus said, “If you love me, you will obey what I command.” (John 14:15). Therefore, we will teach and obey the whole Bible.
4. The Transformational Power of the Holy Spirit. We believe the Holy Spirit is active today, empowering us to become more like Jesus.
5. Healthy Relationships (community) We believe in pursuing healthy relationships with one another because Jesus calls us to love others as He loves us.
6. Anointed Ministry. We believe that the Holy Spirit gifts and empowers us for ministry. Therefore, we will live in the power of the Holy Spirit and follow Jesus wherever he leads.
7. Incarnational Ministry. We want to be like Jesus. We want to be his hands and feet by caring for those who others disregard and bringing health and healing to a broken, hurting, and hopeless world.
8. World Evangelization. We believe in making disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything Jesus has commanded. (Matthew 28:18-20).